Wednesday, November 13, 2013

RotB - Storyboard comparison - The Frog



I love frogs. They are probably my favourite animals next to newts.
The first part of this sequence was animated by our good friend and animation supervisor Tobias von Burkersroda, who already worked as lead animator on The Gruffalo. The second part was animated by Waldemar Fast, who I've been friends with since we met at the Filmakademie in Ludwigsburg in 2005. The end of the sequence, once they are back on the broom, was animated by Thomas Hinke, another old friend from Filmakademie and Gruffalo days. Each part of this sequence had its own challenges (my obsession with frogs being one of them), and I couldn't be happier with what they've done.

All three of them are incredibly talented, funny and great to work with!!!


Room on the Broom  © Orange Eyes Limited 2012    Produced by Magic Light Pictures